Online English Tuition with a Difference
- BA (Hons) English Literature with English Language (First Class Honours), University of Salford, 2003
- PGCE English 11-18, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2006
- MA English Language, University of Lancaster, 2014
- Due to commence Pgdip. Creative Writing at University of York in January 2019
- Clinical Aromatherapy Level 4 (IFPA accredited), Essentially Holistic, 2017
- Anatomy and Physiology Level 3, Essentially Holistic, 2017
- Teacher (11-18) 2005-2017
- Lecturer (16-19) 2017-present
- Assistant Head of Sixth Form 2008-2016
- Course Leader A Level English Language 2013-2017
- Examiner A Level English Literature 2018-present
- Examiner A Level English Language 2011-2017
- Private tutor 2016-present
How does the Tailored Tuition Approach work?
After you have contacted me, I will send an application form for Tailored Tuition to the email address provided.
Once this has been returned, the programme will begin:
- Initial consultation with parent(s) and learner via Skype;
- Initial assessment to ascertain needs (this is not daunting - just an honest assessment of where you are currently at so that I can create the best programme for you);
- 6 lesson transitional module (independent learning, Skype tuition or a combination);
- All transitional module tasks marked and returned with detailed feedback within 5 working days;
- End of 6 lesson assessment;
- 6 modules of study, teaching and assessment as above with regular revision and consultation with student and parent(s);
- Mock examinations if required.
I just want to purchase single lessons - is this possible?
Yes, you can purchase single lessons for 15GBP each. You will still receive a full lesson (video and resource) and full feedback.
How much does it cost?
The cost of your course depends on what you are studying and how you wish to study.
I'm aware that private tuition can be costly and I've tried to keep the costs as low as I can, whilst also ensuring that I spend an adequate amount of time designing your bespoke programme of study in accordance with your needs.
Current rates are as follows:
- Initial assessment and consultation - £20 (refunded upon completion of full payment for the course)
KS3 and GCSE/ IGCSE - £345 for independent study, including personalised programme of study, all digital resources and detailed feedback on all 6 transitional tasks and 10 exam-style assessments over the course.
A Level/I A Level - £445 for independent study, including personalised programme of study, all digital resources and detailed feedback on all 6 transitional tasks and 15 assessments over the course. (AS-only £345, 6 transitional tasks, 8 exam-style assessments)
Additional £25 per 45 minute Skype lesson required - no charge for quick 'phone calls, parental feedback or queries!
Payment to be made via bank transfer before the initial assessment and consultation (£20) and then either in full prior to commencing the course or in three monthly installments at the beginning of the course with an additional administrative fee of £20 (to be paid in first installment).
Sibling discount of 10%.
Single lessons for those who wish to pay this way cost 15GDP per lesson in advance.
What if I do not pass?
- If you take an IGCSE or GCSE course with me, have been achieving Grade 4 or Grade C or above for the majority of the latter part of the course and do not achieve that Grade 4 or Grade C then I will support you, free of charge (exc. Skype), to revise for a re-sit examination.
- If you take an AS or A Level (or I A Level) course with me and do not pass the course (i.e. you are awarded a U grade) and have been achieving a Grade E or above for the majority of the latter part of the course then I will offer support, free of charge (exc. Skype), for a re-sit of the same course.
What if I am unhappy?
I really hope that you are happy throughout your course. In the first instance, email me to arrange a Skype chat (free of charge) and I can see what can be done to make the course better for you.
If you are still unhappy then you have every right to cancel the course within the first two weeks. The fee for creating the course and resources for the transitional module along with the initial assessment and consultation will be retained (£100 for KS3/GCSE/IGCSE and £150 for AS/A Level/I A Level) and the rest will be refunded.